Yellow pages display myriads of home security firms offering valuable services in and around Calgary.
- Recommendations from trusted sources like family or friend is a good start.
- Glowing reviews and testimonials can also be helpful.
Are you affiliated?
- Affiliation with a recognized security association indicates that the home security firm is trustworthy and reputable.
- It is crucial to call the association and confirm the membership – a safe step.
How long is your company in operation?
- For installing a simple system, hiring new company is fine.
- Advanced systems are complicated and may need experienced security company teams for accurate installation.
Do you carry a license?
- A good home security company carries a license issued as per the standards of local and state government.
- Double check or ask to see the license document.
How does the company hire employees and ensures customer safety?
- All employees need to have undergone background checks as well as security clearances.
- Fully bonded.
- Certified electricians are hired to wire and install the system.
- Carries liability insurance
- Offers written guarantee of equipment and installation.
- Repair visits within one day of your complaint.
How much time does it take for your company to respond to alarms?
- Good home security firm takes one minute response time for every alarm signal.
Do you supply evidence of your system for insurance?
- To benefit from insurance discounts there is a need to provide official proof regarding the installation of a home security system.
How often do you test the home security system?
- A good company tests regularly that is about once a month.